Sunday, March 4, 2018

Wrist Surgery (November 16, 2017)




Last Summer, I was trying new things and learning some skills and all of a sudden, my wrist started to bother me. We went to the doctor and they said it was a stress fracture so they put me in a pink cast. I was in it for four weeks and my pain wasn't getting any better. We went to the doctor again and I had to get an MRI. That was when they realized I had something called Gymnast Wrist, which meant I needed surgery. Thankfully, we caught it at a perfect time because I only needed the small surgery, which was shutting down my growth plate, rather than having to shave off some of my bone. I was put in another cast for another four weeks. I am now starting to come back fully; right now I am practicing all four events with limited numbers. I am extremely lucky to be able to start training and competing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment